I would love to hear what you have to say. Please feel free to comment on any of my blogs, or send me a message. ________________________________________________________________

Sunday, April 1, 2007

Names on items...

Someone asked me if it would be a good idea to put their angel's name on items that they donate for the boxes. I think it might be a good idea, but I want to hear what others have to say.

I guess, in my opinion it would be best if it is a piece of paper or something removable, so that the reciever can see that they are not alone and that other people understand and care, but so that it doesn't appear to be an item that "belongs" to the other child. Does that make sense? I would not write ON the box "in memory of..." but put a paper inside it, or next to the item. I know that when I recieved my daughter's bear, a few months after she died, they sent me a blanket and outfit as well and there was a slip of paper saying who donated the item. I thought that was nice (I should write to that person)

Perhaps items should be put in a ziplock bag along with their "donated in the memory of..." papers?

Please post your comments on this topic. Your opinions matter! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...not sure about the Ziploc bag idea, I'd have to think about it some more. But I agree that the donation slip should not be attached permanently to the box. That way, the recipient can put it wherever she or he wants to. I'm sure they will treasure it, though. :-)

Anonymous said...

Items donated in memory of a child have a tag on them and it is written "This is donated in memory of ____ because _____". Boxes painted in memory of someone say nothing but a symbol is painted on the bottom of the box representing that baby (like you would put a bear on the bottom of a box you painted and I would do a dragonfly. You know? Generally the only items that have tags are handmade - like blankets and gowns.

Allison said...

I agree with the others, I think it is nice to put a Donated in Memory of our Angel, Avry or something like that, but not permenantly attach it, so that it can be removed.

I like what you've pointed out, maybe that will help people not feel so alone.

As many of you know, I have not lost a child, but my cousin did last June, and obviously, I'm a friend of Ter's. My cousin told me after she lost her daughter that no matter what, she felt like she was the only person on the planet that had to go through this, and that no one could possibly understand how she felt. She "knew" this was wrong but could not help but feel this way. I think anything that might serve to remind you that you aren't alone might help. Yes? No? Maybe?

Tyla'sMommy said...

Liz, I like your suggestions, I will have to remember them.

Tiffany said...

Yes I like the idea of putting a donation card of some kind but nothing permanent.